By P. S. Zakharov
Read Online or Download Treating and Drying Trees on the Stump PDF
Best trees books
Stems, of varied styles and sizes, are excited about many of the natural strategies and interactions of vegetation, starting from help, shipping, and garage to improvement and safety. The stem itself is a crucially vital middleman: it hyperlinks above- and less than floor organs-connecting roots to leaves.
Choice tree is a general type of representing algorithms and information. Compact facts versions and quick algorithms require optimization of tree complexity. This publication is a learn monograph on general time complexity of determination timber. It generalizes numerous recognized effects and considers a couple of new difficulties.
Here's the main entire consultant on hand for the research of tannins. A battery of tannin methodologies is gifted in an easy, transparent and easy-to-understand demeanour. This precise consultant covers chemical, organic and radio isotopic tannin assays. finished step by step protocols are offered for every strategy.
Mangroves are a desirable crew of crops that take place on tropical and subtropical shores of all continents, the place they're uncovered to saltwater inundation, low oxygen degrees round their roots, excessive gentle and temperature stipulations, and periodic tropical storms. regardless of those harsh stipulations, mangroves may well shape luxuriant forests that are of vital fiscal and environmental worth during the global - they supply coastal security and underpin fisheries and forestry operations, in addition to various different human actions.
- Sustaining the Forests of the Pacific Coast: Forging Truces in the War in the Woods
- Logjam: Deforestation and the Crisis of Global Governance (Earthscan Forestry Library)
- Insect Resistance Management. Biology, Economics, and Prediction
- Scorched Earth: How the Fires of Yellowstone Changed America
- Soils: Nature, Fertility Conservation and Management
- Handbook of Charcoal Making: The Traditional and Industrial Methods
Extra info for Treating and Drying Trees on the Stump
The bag with the solution is hung on the tree at a distance not less than 1 m from the drilled openings. Plastic tubes from the bag are connected by T joints to the tubes from the stoppers in lhe tree. Before filling the bag with the solution, it is necessary to squeeze the air from the plastic tube with the fingers so that air locks do not form in them. 3. The quantity of preservative in the bag is determined at the rate of 100 liters of solution per cubic meter of wood. 5 to 4 kg of sodium fluoride per cubic meter is introduced, depending on the diameter of the stem.
4. Pollution of nearby water courses with the preservative is forbidden. 5. Special clothes (moleskin suits) and glasses to protect the eyes against the sodium fluoride must be worn when preparing the working solution. 6. Smoking and eating during the preparation of the solution is forbidden. 29 7. After completing the work of treatment and prior to eating, hands must be carefully washed. 8. A first-aid kit must be at the place where the treatment work is done. 9. If a burning sensation is felt on the skin of exposed parts of the body, the place must be carefully washed with water.
The prepared solution must stand for at least one day until completely settled. Then it is poured through a siphon or spigot into a special rubberized bag or other reservoir. The solution must not contain any sediment: sediment blocks the water-conducting canals and the wood stops absorbing the solution. *In tinting trees on the stump , the dye is dissolve d in water heated to 35-40°C. Se venty-five to 150 liters of a 1 o/osolution per cubic meter of wood is introduced i nto the tree. The solution per cubic meter of wood consists of 1 kg of dye , 400 g of sodium fluoride , and 400 g of Petrov contact.
Treating and Drying Trees on the Stump by P. S. Zakharov