By Mahmoud M. El-Halwagi
This well timed booklet offers authoritative, entire, and easy-to-follow insurance of the elemental suggestions and useful concepts at the use of technique integration to maximise the potency and sustainability of commercial processes.
Over the previous 3 many years, major advances were made in treating, designing, and working chemical strategies as built-in platforms. even if you're a procedure engineer, an business selection maker, or a researcher, this publication may be an necessary source device for systematically bettering technique functionality and constructing novel and sustainable strategy designs. The booklet can also be perfect to be used as a textual content in an higher point undergraduate or an introductory graduate direction on strategy layout and sustainability.
This flooring breaking reference complements and reconciles quite a few method and sustainability pursuits, resembling expense effectiveness, yield development, strength potency, and pollutants prevention. The certain instruments and functions inside of are written via one of many world’s most desirable procedure integration and layout specialists and may prevent time and money.
- Contains cutting-edge approach integration ways and functions together with graphical, algebraic, and mathematical techniques
- Covers purposes that come with method economics, focusing on for conservation of mass and effort, synthesis of cutting edge techniques, retrofitting of present platforms, layout and overview of renewable strength platforms, and in-process pollutants prevention
- Presents basics and step by step strategies that may be utilized to the layout and optimization of latest strategies to boot the retrofitting and operation of current strategies, in addition to together with a number of examples and case reports for a huge array of business platforms and processes
Read or Download Sustainable Design Through Process Integration. Fundamentals and Applications to Industrial Pollution Prevention, Resource Conservation, and Profitability Enhancement PDF
Similar industrial engineering books
For a few platforms, comparable to airplane, submarines, army platforms and aerospace structures, this can be very vital to prevent failure in the course of genuine operation since it is harmful and disastrous. The learn of varied upkeep guidelines and types on the way to enhance procedure reliability, to avoid the prevalence of method failure, and to minimize upkeep expenses is a crucial quarter in reliability engineering.
The batch distillation approach has existed for lots of centuries. it really is might be the oldest know-how for keeping apart or purifying liquid combos and is the main usually used separation technique in batch methods. within the final 25 years, with non-stop improvement of quicker pcs and complicated numerical equipment, there were many released works utilizing specific mathematical versions with rigorous actual estate calculations and complex optimisation suggestions to deal with numerous very important matters, reminiscent of number of column configurations, layout, operation, off-cut recycling, use of batch distillation in reactive and extractive modes, and so on.
'Operations administration: coverage, practices, functionality development' is the most recent state of the art method of operations administration. It presents new leading edge enter into operations administration idea and perform that can't be present in the other textual content. Discussing either strategic and tactical inputs it combines and balances provider and production operations.
Purposes, techniques, and Controls is the second one quantity within the instruction manual for severe cleansing, moment variation. for those who fresh your product in the course of production? if this is the case, while and the way? cleansing is vital for correct functionality, optimum caliber, and elevated revenues. insufficient cleansing of product parts can result in catastrophic failure of the total method and severe risks to contributors and most of the people.
- Industrial biotechnology: sustainable production and bioresource utilization
- Air Pollution Control Technology Handbook
- Applied Reliability and Quality: Fundamentals, Methods and Procedures (Springer Series in Reliability Engineering)
- Plastics, Rubber and Health
- Handbook of Industrial Drying, Fourth Edition
- Unified Constitutive Laws of Plastic Deformation
Extra resources for Sustainable Design Through Process Integration. Fundamentals and Applications to Industrial Pollution Prevention, Resource Conservation, and Profitability Enhancement
The FCI is spent over two installments (FCI1 and FCI2). At the end of the useful life of the project, the value of land, salvage value of the depreciable FCI, and the WCI are recoverable. Although different methods can be used to predict the values of land and WCI at the end of the project by accounting for the time-value of money and potential market conditions, in many cases their values are simply taken equal to their initial values without adjusting for the time-value of money or the potential market conditions.
19. The deposit made by the end of year N 1 will accrue interest for one year and will have a future value of A(1 i) at the end of the Nth year. Finally, the last deposit made at the end of the Nth year will have a future value of A. 34] F (1 A i )N i 1 which gives the future sum of the annuity after N period as a function of the uniform annuity payments, the interest rate, and the N time periods. It is also beneficial to calculate how much the sum of the annuity is worth in terms of today’s dollars.
28. 20. Using an annual discounted rate of 15 percent, calculate the NPV of the project. TABLE 2-20 Nondiscounted Annual After-Tax Cash Flows SOLUTION First, let us represent the cash flow diagram for the project as shown by Fig. 25a. 21, and the resulting NPV is $581,159. The discounted cash flow diagram is depicted by Fig. 25b. 29. 29. 21. Discounted Cash Flow Return on Investment (Internal Rate of Return) The discounted cash flow return on investment (DCF ROI), also known as the internal rate of return (IRR), is the value of i that renders the NPV to be zero.
Sustainable Design Through Process Integration. Fundamentals and Applications to Industrial Pollution Prevention, Resource Conservation, and Profitability Enhancement by Mahmoud M. El-Halwagi