By Louis J. Rago
Read or Download Production analysis and control PDF
Similar industrial engineering books
For a few structures, equivalent to plane, submarines, army structures and aerospace platforms, this can be very vital to prevent failure in the course of real operation since it is risky and disastrous. The examine of varied upkeep regulations and versions with the intention to increase procedure reliability, to avoid the prevalence of process failure, and to lessen upkeep bills is a crucial region in reliability engineering.
The batch distillation procedure has existed for lots of centuries. it really is might be the oldest know-how for isolating or purifying liquid combos and is the main usually used separation process in batch techniques. within the final 25 years, with non-stop improvement of quicker pcs and complicated numerical tools, there were many released works utilizing exact mathematical types with rigorous actual estate calculations and complex optimisation strategies to handle numerous vital concerns, akin to collection of column configurations, layout, operation, off-cut recycling, use of batch distillation in reactive and extractive modes, and so forth.
'Operations administration: coverage, practices, functionality development' is the most recent state of the art method of operations administration. It presents new leading edge enter into operations administration thought and perform that can not be present in the other textual content. Discussing either strategic and tactical inputs it combines and balances provider and production operations.
Functions, methods, and Controls is the second one quantity within the instruction manual for serious cleansing, moment variation. when you fresh your product in the course of production? if this is the case, while and the way? cleansing is vital for correct functionality, optimum caliber, and elevated revenues. insufficient cleansing of product parts may end up in catastrophic failure of the full approach and critical risks to members and most of the people.
- Handbook of Simulation: Principles, Methodology, Advances, Applications, and Practice
- Formal methods. Industrial use from model to the code
- Basic Vacuum Technology
- Effective Building Maintenance: Protection of Capital Assets
- VDI-Wärmeatlas: Berechnungsblätter für den Wärmeübergang
Additional info for Production analysis and control
1. 5–4 cm (26). Mass transfer has been described using HTU, number of transfer units (NTU), mass transfer coefﬁcient (kL, kG), and volumetric mass transfer coefﬁcient (kLa, kGa, k S a). To accommodate the variation in packing surface wetting with radial distance, an area transfer unit (ATU) has been proposed (33). Another proposed method of evaluation uses a volume transfer unit (VTU) to account for the entire volume of the packed rotor (34). Although the ATU and VTU methods may have merit in evaluating RPB performance, these methods make comparison with other transfer devices based on HTU more difﬁcult.
In addition, packing characteristics of volumetric surface area and porosity inﬂuence liquid holdup and throughout capability (23). 4. Mass Transfer Developing correlations to describe mass transfer in rotating packed beds has proven to be a challenge. Penetration theory (31), ﬁlm-ﬂow theory (32), and modiﬁed surface-renewal theory (12) are some examples of leveraging previous work Copyright © 2004 by Marcel Dekker, Inc. All Rights Reserved. to the rotating packed bed. At issue is the need to include a multiplicity of variables as well as to understand the hydrodynamics of gas/liquid contact within the rotor.
Original equipment manufacturers of rotating equipment provide an effective resource for proper design and fabrication of RPBs. The following discussion outlines some of the basic issues to be considered in the machine design. Overriding all of the following discussion is the need to design a stable rotor with minimal vibration under the desired operating conditions. Copyright © 2004 by Marcel Dekker, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 1. Cantilevered Versus Centerhung Rotor Once the rotor dimensions of inside diameter, outside diameter, and axial height have been determined from the operating performance requirements, the rotor orientation on the shaft must be determined.
Production analysis and control by Louis J. Rago