By Lauprêtre, Françoise; Monnerie, Lucien; Halary, Jean-Louis
Complicated stories for Polymer fabrics
''Molecular modeling of polymers ... is a topic that can't be present in the other [book] in any considerable aspect. ... [T]he designated chapters on particular polymer platforms is a smart idea.''
-- Gregory Odegard, Michigan Technological college
''The polymer group wishes a textual content ebook that can attach the macroscopic mechanics with mesoscopic and molecular features of polymer.''
-- Liangbin Li, college of technological know-how and expertise of China
This booklet takes a distinct, multi-scale method of the mechanical homes of polymers, overlaying either the macroscopic and molecular degrees not like the other booklet out there. in keeping with the authors' wide study and writing within the box, Polymer fabrics emphasizes the relationships among the chemical constitution and the mechanical habit of polymer fabrics, supplying authoritative directions for assessing polymer functionality less than diversified stipulations and the layout of latest fabrics.
Key positive factors of this booklet comprise: Experimental effects on chosen examples precede and toughen the improvement of theoretical beneficial properties In-depth discussions of a restricted variety of polymer platforms rather than a short review of many Self-contained chapters with a precis in their key issues finished difficulties and a suggestions handbook for different elements of the e-book insurance of the fundamentals with an emphasis on polymer dynamics
An necessary source for polymer scientists and scholars alike, Polymer fabrics is additionally hugely helpful for fabric scientists, engineers, chemists, and physicists in and academia
Read Online or Download Polymer materials : macroscopic properties and molecular interpretations PDF
Similar chemical engineering books
This interdisciplinary strategy combines the chemistry and engineering concerned to explain the notion and development of chromatographic techniques. The booklet covers contemporary advancements in preparative chromatographic procedures for the separation of "smaller" molecules utilizing average laboratory gear in addition to the specific notion of business chemical crops.
Replacement and renewable fuels derived from lignocellulosic biomass provide a promising substitute to traditional strength assets, and supply strength protection, fiscal development, and environmental merits. even if, plant mobilephone partitions certainly face up to decomposition from microbes and enzymes - this collective resistance is named "biomass recalcitrance".
Covers the severe hyperlinks from nanocoatings learn to advertisement fabrication What works with nanocoatings and what does not figuring out why Technical details for researchers, designers, fabricators, and nanoparticle providers formulation for synthesizing, analysing nanocoatings might be activated with unique facts input/output utilizing downloadable spreadsheets This technical booklet explains the technology, chemistry and fabrication of nanocoatings- and the serious connections between them.
- Biogas from Waste and Renewable Resources: An Introduction
- Russell, Idealism, and the Emergence of Analytic Philosophy
- Industrial Solvents Handbook
- Green Carbon Dioxide: Advances in CO2 Utilization
Extra info for Polymer materials : macroscopic properties and molecular interpretations
Under the trade name of celluloid, this material had a certain commercial success, until it was supplanted by another artificial polymer— cellulose acetate—to get around its flammability. The early 1900s saw the birth of the first truly synthetic polymers to be patented, first Bakelite in 1907, made from phenol and formaldehyde, and then poly(vinyl chloride) in 1914. 2), chemists learned how to produce many synthetic polymers including polystyrene, polyethylene, poly(methyl methacrylate), acrylics, polyamides, epoxy resins, silicones, and so on.
2. 2. A major descriptor can be seen on this diagram: It is the molecular weight between entanglements, Me. To get a deeper understanding of the meaning of Me , let us consider cis-1,4-polyisoprene (natural rubber), atactic PS, PMMA, and BPA-PC, which are un-cross-linked amorphous polymers. For all these polymers, the chains look like a spaghetti dish at the molecular scale, they Polymer Materials: Macroscopic Properties and Molecular Interpretations, First Edition. Jean Louis Halary, Françoise Lauprêtre, Lucien Monnerie.
5. Stereochemical forms of polymers with CH2–CHR as their repeat unit. 6. Scheme of the stereoregular polymerization of a CH2=CHR monomer. 2. 2); in terms of practical applications, the most important copolymers are the block copolymers and the random copolymers. There are many examples of block copolymers obtained by sequential anionic polymerization and controlled free radical polymerization. An alternative route to block copolymers is the addition of prepolymers bearing reactive groups at their chain ends.
Polymer materials : macroscopic properties and molecular interpretations by Lauprêtre, Françoise; Monnerie, Lucien; Halary, Jean-Louis