By Adem Myers, Susan Mulroney
Netter’s body structure Flash playing cards, by means of Susan Mulroney and Adam Myers, is the precise source for speedy and enjoyable reinforcement of key physiologic wisdom! two hundred playing cards, superbly designed within the Netter culture, provide the ideal streamlined assessment that will help you study crucial evidence and mathematical rules simply, successfully, and at your personal expense of analysis. playing cards characteristic photos and questions about the front-with solutions and brief remark at the reverse.
Uses top of the range Netter and Netter-style illustrations for stronger visual
Presents concise, quick-access info on key body structure ideas for definitely the right, transportable review.
Includes questions about the fronts of the playing cards to additional improve your studying adventure and equip you to evaluate your mastery of the material.
Features a matte end at the opposite facet of playing cards that provide help to make notes.
Utilizes a structure both like minded to crew or person examine.
Read Online or Download Netter's Physiology Flash Cards PDF
Similar physiology books
Dee Unglaub Silverthorn studied biology as an undergraduate at Tulane college and got a Ph. D. in marine technological know-how from the collage of South Carolina. Her study curiosity is epithelial shipping, and up to date paintings in her laboratory has concerned with shipping houses of the chick allantoic membrane.
The third variation, the 1st new one in ten years, comprises insurance of molecular degrees of element coming up from the final decade's explosion of data at this point of organismic association. There are five new affiliate Editors and approximately 2/3 of the chapters have new authors. Chapters ready via go back authors are broadly revised.
Comparative elements of muscle elastic proteins. - The titin cDNA series and partial genomic sequences: insights into molecular genetics, mobile biology and body structure of the titin filament method. - The physiological function of titin in striated muscle. - keep watch over of sarcomeric meeting: the circulation of data on titin.
- Physiology of the Heart, 5th edition
- The vascular endothelium
- Neuroimmune Pharmacology
- Systematic treatment of persistent psychosis (STOPP) : a psychological approach to facilitating recovery in young people with first episode psychosis
- Exercise physiology: Nutrition, energy, and human performance
Additional info for Netter's Physiology Flash Cards
3. An action potential is produced and spreads into the transverse tubule, resulting in release of Ca2ϩ from the sarcoplasmic reticulum. 4. Cross-bridge formation is initiated, and muscle contraction is produced. 5. Ca2ϩ is resequestered into the sarcoplasmic reticulum by Ca2ϩ-ATPase, terminating contraction. 13 Skeletal Muscle Contraction and Relaxation Identify each structure. 1 2 2 Muscle relaxed 4 3 3 5 1 2 2 Muscle contracted 4 4 5 3 5 4 3 Skeletal Muscle Contraction and Relaxation 5 2-11 Skeletal Muscle Contraction and Relaxation 1.
3. For the hypothetical cell depicted, assume that the membrane is only permeable to Na؉. What is the membrane potential? 10 Kϩ 100 Naϩ 110 Cl– 100 Kϩ 10 Naϩ 110 ClϪ Extracellular fluid Nernst Potential 2-1 Nernst Potential 1. The Nernst equation is: EX ϭ (RT/ZF)ln([X]o/[X]i), where Ex is the Nernst potential (equilibrium potential) for ion X, ln([X]o/[X]i) is the natural log of the ratio of the concentration of ion X outside a compartment ([X]o) to the concentration of the ion inside the compartment ([X]i), R is the ideal gas constant, T is absolute temperature, Z is the charge of the ion, and F is Faraday’s number.
8. Explain their role in this process. 1 Contraction cycle 4 1 Channel 2 Receptor SR 5 3 Myosin Binds actin ADP 6 Pi Pi ATP ADP Pi Pi Latch state ADP Pi Pi ADP 7 ADP Pi Pi ATP Pi 7 ATP Pi Excitation-Contraction Coupling of Smooth Muscle “Latch state” 2-13 Excitation-Contraction Coupling of Smooth Muscle 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. Ca2ϩ Phospholipase C Inositol trisphosphate (IP3) Calmodulin Ca-calmodulin Myosin kinase Myosin phosphatase Intracellular free Ca2ϩ (1) can be elevated by depolarization of the cell membrane and opening of Ca2ϩ channels.
Netter's Physiology Flash Cards by Adem Myers, Susan Mulroney