By Johnathan D. Kibble, Colby R. Halsey
Get the massive photograph of clinical body structure -- and concentrate on what you really want to grasp to ace the path and board exams!
4-Star Doody's Review!
"This first-class, no-frills method of body structure thoughts is designed to aid scientific scholars and different future health professions scholars evaluate the elemental innovations linked to body structure for the clinical occupation. the knowledge is concise, exact and timely."
If you don't have limitless research time clinical body structure: the massive photograph is strictly what you would like! With an emphasis on what you “need to know” as opposed to “what's great to know,” and greater with 450 full-color illustrations, it bargains a centred, streamlined review of scientific body structure. You'll discover a succinct, simple presentation designed to make even the main advanced suggestions comprehensible in a quick quantity of time.
With simply the fitting stability of data to offer you the sting at examination time, this particular mixture textual content and atlas features:
• A “Big Picture” point of view on accurately what you want to be aware of to ace your path paintings and board exams
• insurance of the entire crucial components of body structure, together with basic, Neurophysiology, Blood, Cardiovascular, Pulmonary, Renal and Acid Base, Gastrointestinal, and Reproductive
• 450 categorised and defined full-color illustrations
• a hundred ninety board exam-style questions and solutions -- together with a whole perform attempt on the finish of the book
• exact icon highlights vital scientific details
Read Online or Download Medical Physiology: The Big Picture (LANGE The Big Picture) PDF
Similar physiology books
Dee Unglaub Silverthorn studied biology as an undergraduate at Tulane collage and bought a Ph. D. in marine technology from the college of South Carolina. Her examine curiosity is epithelial shipping, and up to date paintings in her laboratory has taken with delivery homes of the chick allantoic membrane.
The third variation, the 1st new one in ten years, contains insurance of molecular degrees of aspect coming up from the final decade's explosion of data at this point of organismic association. There are five new affiliate Editors and approximately 2/3 of the chapters have new authors. Chapters ready by means of go back authors are commonly revised.
Comparative points of muscle elastic proteins. - The titin cDNA series and partial genomic sequences: insights into molecular genetics, mobile biology and body structure of the titin filament process. - The physiological position of titin in striated muscle. - keep watch over of sarcomeric meeting: the circulate of data on titin.
- The Orexin/Hypocretin System: Physiology and Pathophysiology
- Ventricular Tachycardia Fibrillation Ablation: The state of the Art based on the VeniceChart International Consensus Document
- Nobel Lectures in Physiology or Medicine 2006-2010
- Corticonics: Neural Circuits of the Cerebral Cortex
- Molecular Mechanisms of Exocytosis
Additional info for Medical Physiology: The Big Picture (LANGE The Big Picture)
3. What is δ 13C Value? 1. Some characteristics distinguishing C3, C4 and CAM plants. 5 : 2 Leaf anatomy in cross section Diffuse distribution of organelles in mesophyll or palisade cells with similar or lower organelle concentrations in bundle sheath cells if present A definite layer of bundle sheath cells surrounding the vascular tissue which contains a high concentration of organelles: layer(s) of mesophyll cells surrounding the bundle sheath cells Spongy appearance. Mesophyll cells have large vacuoles with the organelles evenly distributed in the thin cytoplasm.
18. 29 Scanning electron microscopy of root hairs in the aerial root of Mokara Yellow. Fig. 19. The development of lateral roots in aerial roots of Aranda Noorah Alsagoff after decapitation. Note: (A) The development of lateral roots from the cut end and (B) from various positions behind the cut end. 4. Growth Cycle of Orchids Under Greenhouse Conditions The growth cycle of an orchid is important to both scientists and commercial growers. For the scientists, a proper understanding of the different growth stages would ensure that experiments are carried out with plants of the appropriate growth stage under certain environmental conditions.
On the contrary, recent studies on Arundina graminifolia have shown that both young and mature leaves of this orchid fixed carbon through C3 photosynthesis. 6). It is important to ascertain that the C4 acid (malate) reported by Avadhani and Goh (1974) is due to the photosynthetic reactions implicit in the term C4 photosynthesis but not from β-carboxylation. Moreover, the sole evidence of labelling of C4 acids such as malate and aspartate as early products of short-term 14CO2 fixation is not sufficient to define a plant as a C4 plant.
Medical Physiology: The Big Picture (LANGE The Big Picture) by Johnathan D. Kibble, Colby R. Halsey