By J.T. Davies (Auth.)
Read or Download Interfacial Phenomena PDF
Best chemical engineering books
This interdisciplinary technique combines the chemistry and engineering concerned to explain the notion and development of chromatographic methods. The booklet covers fresh advancements in preparative chromatographic procedures for the separation of "smaller" molecules utilizing typical laboratory apparatus in addition to the particular belief of commercial chemical crops.
Replacement and renewable fuels derived from lignocellulosic biomass provide a promising substitute to traditional strength resources, and supply power protection, financial development, and environmental merits. even though, plant mobile partitions certainly withstand decomposition from microbes and enzymes - this collective resistance is named "biomass recalcitrance".
Covers the serious hyperlinks from nanocoatings examine to advertisement fabrication What works with nanocoatings and what does not knowing why Technical info for researchers, designers, fabricators, and nanoparticle providers formulation for synthesizing, analysing nanocoatings may be activated with unique information input/output utilizing downloadable spreadsheets This technical booklet explains the technological know-how, chemistry and fabrication of nanocoatings- and the severe connections between them.
- Molecular Systems Engineering
- Energy Conservation in the Process Industries
- Advanced membrane technology and applications
- Methods of Biochemical Analysis, Volume 31
- Self-Assembly and Nanotechnology Systems: Design, Characterization, and Applications
Extra resources for Interfacial Phenomena
Sec. - , carried with it a water layer of mean 3 thickness 10" cm. This drag effect must also be allowed for in determining surface viscosities (Chapter 5). S/Ση Fig. 1-15. Evaporation of alcohol promoted by eddy of air IT higher I IT lower /////////////////'""////////////// Glass 7Γ higher j r \ 7777777777777777777777777777777777777Γ Fig. 1-16. F o r m a t i o n o f d r o p s b y u n e q u a l e v a p o r a t i o n o f a l c o h o l f r o m a n alcoholw a t e r m i x t u r e . I f t h e glass is i n c l i n e d , t h e d r o p o f l i q u i d r u n s d o w n a s a " t e a r " .
220. Interfaces between two liquids are cleaned by applying the above procedure to the surface of the heavier liquid before the upper liquid is poured on, followed by sucking from different points on the interface (see p. 224). The Ring Method The surface tension determines the force required to detach a metal ring from the surface of a liquid. This has been used for many years as a method of measuring the surface tension, with the wire ring connected either to one arm of a balance (in place of the pan) or to a light beam carried on a hori zontal torsion wire whose constants are known.
34, 1 3 3 7 ( 1 9 3 8 ) . 2 9 . Cary a n d R i d e a l , Proc. roy. Soc. A109, 3 0 1 ( 1 9 2 5 ) ; R o y l a n c e a n d J o n e s T . , J. appl. Chem. 9, 6 2 1 ( 1 9 5 9 ) ; Mansfield, Aust. J. Chem. 12, 3 8 2 ( 1 9 5 9 ) . 3 0 . H u g h e s a n d R i d e a l , Proc. roy. Soc. A137, 6 2 ( 1 9 3 2 ) . 3 1 . G i b b s , " C o l l e c t e d W o r k s " 1, 2 3 5 , 2 5 8 , L o n g m a n s , N e w Y o r k ( 1 9 2 8 ) . 3 2 . B a r t e l l , Case, a n d B r o w n , H . , J. Amer. chem. Soc. 55, 2 7 6 9 ( 1 9 3 3 ) .
Interfacial Phenomena by J.T. Davies (Auth.)