By Joyce A.Tinsley, Henry R. Kranzler, Joyce A. Tinsley
Reflecting the newest developments within the review and analysis of substance use and comorbid issues, this moment version surveys present study within the epidemiology, genetics, and administration of dually-diagnosed patientsвЂ”comprehensively describing the remedy of significant scientific issues which are without delay or ultimately with regards to substance abuse together with alcohol-related gastrointestinal issues, cocaine-induced cardiac affliction, and hepatitis C an infection.
Read or Download Dual Diagnosis and Psychiatric Treatment: Substance Abuse and Comorbid Disorders PDF
Similar specialties books
The rules of overseas exchange second variation introduces the foundations and associations that govern overseas exchange. The authors base their research on points of the topic from vintage and modern literature on exchange and political economic system. This new version has been absolutely up to date to take account of the latest advancements in foreign alternate.
From business accidents to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, greater than one million Californians a 12 months endure job-related accidents or ailment. for plenty of, receiving reimbursement could be a nightmare. This booklet indicates you ways to address a California employees' reimbursement declare from begin to end. permit it consultant you thru the method of dealing with your declare from begin to end.
Oesophagogastric Surgery meets the wishes of surgeons in greater education and working towards specialists for a modern and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that's proper to their basic surgical perform. it's a functional reference resource incorporating the most up-tp-date details on fresh advancements, administration concerns and operative approaches.
- The Banning of Anti-Personnel Landmines: The Legal Contribution of the International Committee of the Red Cross 1955-1999
- The FIDIC Form of Contract: The Fourth Edition of The Red Book
- Zukunftsfragen des deutschen Steuerrechts II
- Attitudes Aren't Free Thinking Deeply About Diversity in the Us Armed Forces
- Emergency Psychiatry
Additional info for Dual Diagnosis and Psychiatric Treatment: Substance Abuse and Comorbid Disorders
Drug abuse in schizophrenic patients: clinical correlates and reasons for use. Am J Psychiatry 1991; 148:224–230. 53. El-Guebaly N, Hodgins D. Schizophrenia and substance abuse: prevalence issues. Can J Psychiatry 1992; 37:704–710. 54. Soyka M, Albus M, Kathmann N, Finelli A, Hofstetter S, Holzbach R, Immler B, Sand P. Prevalence of alcohol and drug abuse in schizophrenic inpatients. Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 1993; 242:362–372. 55. Smith J, Hucher S. Schizophrenia and substance abuse. Br J Psychiatry 1994; 165:13–21.
The majority of the studies suggest that this is not the case (27). Those studies that began with alcoholic probands show an increased risk for alcoholism and possibly increased risk for depression among female relatives (27,31,32). Studies that began with probands with primary depression have yielded mixed results; some studies show an increased rate of alcoholism among relatives (33), while others do not (27,34). S. population have addressed the degree to which alcoholism and depression share their genetic and environmental risk factors.
74. Petrakis I, Carroll KM, Nich C, Gordon L, Kosten T, Rounsaville B. Fluoxetine treatment of depressive disorders in methadone-maintained opiate addicts. Drug Comorbidity of alcohol, drug, and psychiatric disorders 27 Alcohol Depend 1998; 50:221–226. 75. Schmitz JM, Averill P, Stotts AL, Moeller FG, Rhoades HM, Grabowski J. Fluoxetine treatment of cocaine-dependent patients with major depressive disorder. Drug Alcohol Depend 2001; 63:207–214. 76. Pettinati HM, Volpicelli JR, Luck G, Kranzler HR, Rukstalis MR, Cnaan A.
Dual Diagnosis and Psychiatric Treatment: Substance Abuse and Comorbid Disorders by Joyce A.Tinsley, Henry R. Kranzler, Joyce A. Tinsley