By Trevor Kletz
, Pages iii-iv
, Page vii
, Pages 1-2
1 - a few incidents that experience happened, often in computer-controlled method plants
, Pages 3-44
2 - possibility and operability (hazop) experiences utilized to computer-controlled procedure plants
, Pages 45-80
3 - the explanations why computer-controlled platforms fail
, Pages 81-113
, Pages 114-116
, Pages 117-120
Read or Download Computer Control and Human Error PDF
Similar human-computer interaction books
What do you get in the event you mix an electronics hobbyist, hacker, storage mechanic, kitchen desk inventor, tinkerer, and entrepreneur? A maker, in fact. Playful and artistic, makers arethrough services and experimentationcreating artwork, items, and strategies that adjust the best way we predict and engage with the realm.
This booklet identifies the thirteen major demanding situations designers face once they discuss their paintings and offers conversation thoughts in order that a greater layout, no longer a louder argument, is what makes it into the realm. it's a indisputable fact that all of us are looking to placed nice layout into the realm, yet no product ever makes it out of the construction with no rounds of experiences, suggestions, and signoff.
Taking Your iPhoto '11 to the Max walks clients via Apple's hottest software program software within the iLife suite--iPhoto. This publication is helping humans use iPhoto to its fullest to arrange and create electronic thoughts and keepsakes in their existence. research all approximately Apple's most up-to-date model of iPhoto--iPhoto '11 discover iPhoto one menu button at a time Walk-through tutorials advisor you step-be-step What you are going to research: tips to import present picture libraries from renowned home windows functions tips to manage and edit your pictures how you can tag and kind your images utilizing iPhoto's Faces and locations features How to create occasions, albums, and shrewdpermanent photograph albumsCreate custom-made keepsakes like books, playing cards, and slideshows utilizing your images proportion your photographs through MobileMe, Flickr, and fb.
This publication introduces a customer-centered method of company via exhibiting how information accumulated from humans whereas they paintings can force the definition of a product or technique whereas assisting the wishes of groups and their agencies. it is a useful, hands-on advisor for an individual attempting to layout platforms that replicate the best way consumers are looking to do their paintings.
- HCI Models, Theories, and Frameworks: Toward a Multidisciplinary Science
- Handbook of Usability Testing: Howto Plan, Design, and Conduct Effective Tests
- Hegemony in the Digital Age: The Arab Israeli Conflict Online (Critical Media Studies)
- Introduction to Contextual Processing: Theory and Applications
- Two Bit Circus and the Future of Entertainment
Additional resources for Computer Control and Human Error
A reactor temperature reading fell to zero and the temperature control loop responded accordingly. The control loop should have been put on manual but the procedure did not say so. A conventional control loop could have been left on auto, but not a computer-controlled one14. Another incident occurred with a hydraulically-operated paper-cutting guillotine. It was fitted with a photo-electric guard to prevent operation while paper was being loaded and, in addition, the operator had to press two buttons, one with each hand, to operate the guillotine.
7. Health and Safety Executive, 1987, Programmable Electronic Systems in Safety Related Applications (Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London). For a summary see Pearson, J. , 1988, Preventing Major Chemical and Process Related Accidents, Symposium Series No. 110 (Institution of Chemical Engineers, Rugby, UK), 195. For an example of industry-specific advice see 1994, Programmable Electronic Equipment in Safety-Related Applications (Safety Recommendations—IGEISRI15) (Institution of Gas Engineers, London).
37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42. 43. 44. 45. Association, Brussels, Belgium. , 1990, IEEE Software, 1 (6): 55. , 1991, Plant Design for Safety —A User-Friendly Approach (Hemisphere, New York). US Department of Energy, 1989, Errors in Commercial Software Increase Potential for Process Piping Failures, Bulletin No 89-B. , 1992, private communication. , 1994, Atom, 433: 34. , 1994, Atom, 433: 39. G. , 1993, IEEE Computer, 26 (7): 18. Institution of Chemical Engineers, 1994, Slide Training Package No. 6. , 1 May 1993, The Daily Telegraph.
Computer Control and Human Error by Trevor Kletz