By Louis Theodore
"This books layout follows an applications-oriented textual content and serves as a coaching instrument for people in schooling and concerned without delay, or in some way, with chemical reactors. It addresses either technical and calculational difficulties during this box. whereas this article might be complimented with texts on chemical kinetics and/or reactor layout, it additionally stands by myself as a self-teaching reduction. the 1st half serves as an advent to the topic identify and comprises chapters facing heritage, method variables, simple operations, kinetic rules, and conversion variables. the second one a part of the ebook addresses conventional reactor research; bankruptcy issues contain batch, CSTRs, tubular circulation reactors, plus a comparability of those periods of reactors. half three keys on reactor purposes that come with non-ideal reactors: thermal results, interpretation of kinetic facts, and reactor layout. The e-book concludes with different reactor subject matters; bankruptcy titles contain catalysis, catalytic reactors, different reactions and reactors, and ABET-related issues. an intensive Appendix can also be included"--Provided by way of publisher. Read more...
Read or Download Chemical reactor analysis and applications for the practicing engineer PDF
Best chemical engineering books
This interdisciplinary procedure combines the chemistry and engineering concerned to explain the notion and development of chromatographic approaches. The ebook covers fresh advancements in preparative chromatographic approaches for the separation of "smaller" molecules utilizing average laboratory apparatus in addition to the targeted belief of business chemical vegetation.
Substitute and renewable fuels derived from lignocellulosic biomass provide a promising replacement to traditional power resources, and supply strength safety, financial development, and environmental merits. in spite of the fact that, plant mobile partitions clearly face up to decomposition from microbes and enzymes - this collective resistance is named "biomass recalcitrance".
Covers the severe hyperlinks from nanocoatings study to advertisement fabrication What works with nanocoatings and what does not figuring out why Technical info for researchers, designers, fabricators, and nanoparticle providers formulation for synthesizing, analysing nanocoatings should be activated with unique info input/output utilizing downloadable spreadsheets This technical e-book explains the technological know-how, chemistry and fabrication of nanocoatings- and the serious connections between them.
- Mesoscale modeling in chemical engineering. Part I
- Transport Phenomena: An Introduction to Advanced Topics
- Principles of Fermentation Technology
- Zeolites--science and technology
- Enantioselective multicatalysed tandem reactions
- Mathematical elasticity
Extra resources for Chemical reactor analysis and applications for the practicing engineer
Vapor-liquid 2. liquid-solid 3. vapor-solid. Vapor-liquid changes are referred to as condensation when the vapor is condensing and vaporization when liquid is vaporizing. Liquid-solid changes are referred to as melting when the solid melts to liquid and freezing when a liquid solidifies. Vapor-solid changes are referred to as sublimation. One should also note that there are enthalpy effects associated with a phase change of a solid to another solid form; however, this enthalpy effect is small compared to the other effects mentioned above.
The numerical value of Ea will depend on the choice and units of the reaction velocity constant. 2 kcal/gmol. Determine the effect on the reaction velocity constant if the reaction temperature is increased from 120°C to 500°C. Solution. 32) to two conditions. 31 x 1011 How does this compare with a statement in the literature that k increases twofold for every 10°C rise in temperature? 63 x 1011 k\ The agreement is surprisingly reasonable considering the wide swing in temperature. ■ PROPERTY ESTIMATION 43 PROPERTY ESTIMATION This last section provides information that will allow the practitioner to estimate key physical and chemical properties of materials.
1. Electrochemistry is concerned with the study of chemical effects produced by the flow of electric currents across interfaces (as at the boundary between an electrode and a solution) as well as the electrical effects produced by the displacement or transport of ions across boundaries or within gases, liquids, or solids. 16 CHAPTER 2 THE FIELD OF CHEMISTRY Colloid chemistry studies the nature and effects of surfaces and interfaces on the macroscopic properties of substances. These studies involve the investigation of Brownian motion,(4'5) surface tension, interfacial tension (the tension that exists in the plane of contact between a liquid and a solid, or between two liquids), wetting and spreading of liquids on solids, adsorption of gases or of ions in solution on solid surfaces, etc.
Chemical reactor analysis and applications for the practicing engineer by Louis Theodore